Help me sleep better: coyote protection

Quote:
If you don't mind, where did you get this? I think alot of people are going to want to know.

Sorry, I was out of town. I will let you know how it works when it arrives. Rebecca
http://nightpests.com/coyote.htm

I am very interested in getting one of these but cannot believe it takes 8 weeks for delivery!
barnie.gif
Is that how long it's been for you? I wrote the quy an e-mail...haven't heard back from him. Thanks.

Quote:
Sorry, I was out of town. I will let you know how it works when it arrives. Rebecca
http://nightpests.com/coyote.htm

I am very interested in getting one of these but cannot believe it takes 8 weeks for delivery!
barnie.gif
Is that how long it's been for you? I wrote the quy an e-mail...haven't heard back from him. Thanks.

These things are pricey and I'm still not sure I get what it does. You attach it to a tree or something and it emits some kind of hissing noise? And it runs on AA batteries? Please do let us know if it works (and how it works, because I just can't picture it)!!! It would be very cool if it does the trick!

Quote:
barnie.gif

These things are pricey and I'm still not sure I get what it does. You attach it to a tree or something and it emits some kind of hissing noise? And it runs on AA batteries? Please do let us know if it works (and how it works, because I just can't picture it)!!! It would be very cool if it does the trick!

I think I am on week 5 so yes, it think it will take all 8 weeks. It is suppose to sound like a mountian lion, tires on gravel etc but quiet so coyotes can hear it but it won't bug people. You have to descensatize your dogs but mine is only 14 weeks so I think he will adjust quickly. I had two coyotes in the back yard this morning. one 100 feet away and the other 30 feet away. Unless I stay outside the entire time I can't let them out. Of course one got taken from me when I was on the back patio and they were in the flower bed 3 feet from me. Scared the s**t out of me.

OMG!!! Definitely keep us posted on how this device works... Scary!!!!!!!!!!

Has anyone tried anything like a scent deterrent? Like maybe mountain lion pee or wolf pee? I know one of the suggestions for keeping smaller critters out of the garden was to use fox or coyote urine as then they think there is a bigger predator on whose turf they have trespassed. Just wondered if that had been tried by anyone for coyotes with even bigger predator urine.

Back
Top Bottom