Help my baby chick is dying

Phillyndilly

Songster
5 Years
Aug 8, 2018
Hudson Valley, NY
My baby chick was hatched two days ago.
It is gasping for air and very drowsy. I feel like it is dying right now I don’t know what to do I don’t have time to research or search please help.

My baby chick was hatched two days ago.
It is gasping for air and very drowsy. I feel like it is dying right now I don’t know what to do I don’t have time to research or search please help.
That also happened to me when i got a very young baby chick. Try to drip water into its mouth and keep it warm.

@Chibbens104 I used a syringe and pushed very lightly so a drop would form it is taking all of the drops I give I mixed it with save a chick and now I put it back in the brooder I’m wondering if I should separate it it’s heaving so bad but does seem alert still.
I will try to give it some more in a little while I guess ugh.

I hatched these chicks from my girls so it’s not like they came from somewhere questionable

I’m so worried, I just lost a splay leg chick today I’m not sure why just always seemed very weak but I really don’t want to lose this one

@Chibbens104 I used a syringe and pushed very lightly so a drop would form it is taking all of the drops I give I mixed it with save a chick and now I put it back in the brooder I’m wondering if I should separate it it’s heaving so bad but does seem alert still.
I will try to give it some more in a little while I guess ugh.
It might be gape worm but dont get your hopes down. Keeping it warm and dripping water into its mouth is very important!!

@Cragg Klefor I don’t see anything and every so often it will peep. It survived the night but it’s laying on its back a lot . I didn’t see if it was eating there’s about 25 chicks so it’s so hard to keep track.
It is smaller though
I don’t know it just breaks my heart that I can’t do anything and it’s just dying

Okay so please can I get more answers I feel like the problem is a naval infection. The navel is swollen and has a large blood scab. It must’ve gotta wet a bit and now I can see it more clearly.

Attachments

• E98656D0-855F-455E-9E42-E749343A42C2.jpeg
    E98656D0-855F-455E-9E42-E749343A42C2.jpeg
    275.1 KB · Views: 12
  • 65AC7546-1052-4971-A26C-BF3A785A97A9.jpeg
    65AC7546-1052-4971-A26C-BF3A785A97A9.jpeg
    322.2 KB · Views: 12
Okay so please can I get more answers I feel like the problem is a naval infection. The navel is swollen and has a large blood scab. It must’ve gotta wet a bit and now I can see it more clearly.
You might have to put it out of its misery. It seems like the intestines might be coming out and it didnt develop properly. Nothing you can do :( im sorry

Back
Top Bottom