• Put her too sleep

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Try to fix it

Votes: 5 100.0%

• Total voters

Chicken_kid

Hatching
Oct 24, 2019
My two dogs found one of my pullets outside of her coop. They bit her lower neck and upper back. The puncture wounds are not very deep or large but there is quite a few. (1-10) She has a small tear in her wing about the size of an inch. (Ps not sure if im doing this right :( )

:welcome
I am sorry your first post is a sad one. I won't be on long tonight but there are a bunch of questions that your answers will help us to help you.

How big are the dogs?
How old is the pullet?
Is she holding her head up mostly normally?
How is she acting?
Is she alert?
Able to stand?
Able to walk?
Have you separated her from the rest?
Is she eating, drinking?

Can you take a couple pictures so we can get an idea of how bad it is?

I will tag a few experienced people who are really knowledgeable and helpful.

@casportpony , @Texas Kiki @azygous @Wyorp Rock

I am hoping y'all can lend a hand here.

Last edited:
If you can get some Hibiclens (chlorhexidene) at Walmart for about $6, that can be mixed with water and used to clean those puncture wounds. Betadine or Vetericyn can be used instead. Then apply plain Neosporin or Triple Antibiotic Ointment twice a day after cleaning. Watch for a bad odor or pus oozing which could mean infection.

How is she doing? Standing, walking, in shock? Keep her separated in a dog crate on a clean towel or puppy pads. Food and water close to her. The crate may be kept in the chicken coop if flies are not a problem.

My two dogs found one of my pullets outside of her coop. They bit her lower neck and upper back. The puncture wounds are not very deep or large but there is quite a few. (1-10) She has a small tear in her wing about the size of an inch. (Ps not sure if im doing this right :( )
Welcome To BYC, I'm sorry to hear about your pullet :hugs
Good suggestions and questions from everyone, hopefully you can answer those and provide some photos.
Let us know how she's doing.

Back
Top Bottom