Chicken Attacked by Hawk!

Chickenmom21

Hatching
Sep 9, 2023
My chicken was attacked by a hawk today. She has puncture wounds in multiple spots, a large wound on her back and cuts and tears in others areas along her wings and back. Also limping on on of her legs. My husband checked and nothing seemed obviously broken. Cleaned wounds with soap and water and added triple antibiotic ointment.

Do you think we should take her to a vet? Has anyone had similar experience? What did you do that helped?
71599345584__10A31B8F-B4B4-4820-BC08-36B4E9C78594.jpeg
IMG_7690.jpeg

Hawks can hit them very hard and do some internal injuries. Clean the wounds with saline (1/2 tsp of salt per 8 ounce cup of water.) Then apply the Neosporin twice a day. Hopefully, she will recover in time.

My chicken was attacked by a hawk today. She has puncture wounds in multiple spots, a large wound on her back and cuts and tears in others areas along her wings and back. Also limping on on of her legs. My husband checked and nothing seemed obviously broken. Cleaned wounds with soap and water and added triple antibiotic ointment.

Do you think we should take her to a vet? Has anyone had similar experience? What did you do that helped? View attachment 3632188View attachment 3632190
Did she recover? ♥️♥️♥️

Back
Top Bottom