Help my duck has something in her nose!

Savannah06

Hatching
Dec 4, 2023
Hi! im new here. i joined so i can get some help with my duck Melody. Mel is 4mo old an is the runt of the flock. she still has baby feathers but her big duck feathers r growing in great. Mel also sneezes alot! when she does its at least 5 sneezes at a time. Yesterday she sneezed an i looked down to see something coming from her nose. i tried to wipe it but she pulled away an sucked it back in. Now its right at the edge where it looks like its stopped up. She is breathing fine. she has water coming from it when she drinks. i can see it from the other side as well. im very worried something could be wrong cause she has niacin disease (she taking stuff for that) She dont act like she is sick. Eats, drinks, plays with her toys everything she does every day. i been hoping she would sneeze it out but she hasnt. could it hurt if i tried to get ot out? someone please let me know what you think it could be!?

Hi! im new here. i joined so i can get some help with my duck Melody. Mel is 4mo old an is the runt of the flock. she still has baby feathers but her big duck feathers r growing in great. Mel also sneezes alot! when she does its at least 5 sneezes at a time. Yesterday she sneezed an i looked down to see something coming from her nose. i tried to wipe it but she pulled away an sucked it back in. Now its right at the edge where it looks like its stopped up. She is breathing fine. she has water coming from it when she drinks. i can see it from the other side as well. im very worried something could be wrong cause she has niacin disease (she taking stuff for that) She dont act like she is sick. Eats, drinks, plays with her toys everything she does every day. i been hoping she would sneeze it out but she hasnt. could it hurt if i tried to get ot out? someone please let me know what you think it could be!?
you can try to get it out, i pulled out a piece of straw that was stuck in my gander’s nares, and i sometimes an able to pull little fluff feathers out of my ducks’ nares. if you have someone to help you hold the duck while you try to get it out it’s easier.
and welcome to BYC!! :welcome :thumbsup

Is the water dish deep enough for them to submerge their entire heads under to clean out their eyes and nares? Usually a quick dunk will remove anything that could be lodged in the nares, but sometimes if somethings really lodged in there you can carefully remove it.

How long has your duckling had a niacin deficiency and how are you treating her?

Back
Top Bottom