Help! My duckling is having seizures!

Since it’s been with the others unless they may trample it I’d leave it with its sibs. I’d also asap get liquid BComplex TSC usually has Durvet liquid BComplex and just because the feed may say its got the right amount of niacin we see I quite a few duckling with a niacin def even eating the best feed. Start giving 1 ml over a tasty treat so you know it’s getting full dose . You could also start giving some vit E just prick the gel cap and squirt ting amounts in its bill giving it time to swallow.
This gives you info on what to give your duckling https://wagwalking.com/bird/condition/seizures

Last edited:
Reading your comments you said you have a heat lamp ?
At that age they don’t need heat
My ducklings stop using at 3 weeks
Are you giving treats ? If so what ? And do you provide grit ?
Can you post pics of the set up
Do they have water deep enough to dunk their heads in ?

Last edited:
Since it’s been with the others unless they may trample it I’d leave it with its sibs. I’d also asap get liquid BComplex TSC usually has Durvet liquid BComplex and just because the feed may say its got the right amount of niacin we see I quite a few duckling with a niacin def even eating the best feed. Start giving 1 ml over a tasty treat so you know it’s getting full dose . You could also start giving some vit E just prick the gel cap and squirt ting amounts in its bill giving it time to swallow.
This gives you info on what to give your duckling https://wagwalking.com/bird/condition/seizures
They were trampling her so I decided to separate her just for the night. So she could better get to the food and water. I’m getting niacin supplements for her, I’m pretty sure that’s the issue after lots of research. Thank you for your help!

Update: I got niacin supplement and put it in her water, she has drunken a good amount, but she is still not eating much. She did have 2 more seizures today, but I she does seem to be doing a little better.

Back
Top Bottom