Help! My grey call has a weird coloration

The Duck Yard

In the Brooder
Nov 25, 2022
I have a grey call male who is 18months, and he has a weird coloration,he has had it since he became a full fetherd male. I would like to identify what is is. We know it is hereditary because one of his duckling’s also has it. Just want to identify, Thank you! (sorry he is not photogenic these are the best picks I could get)

Attachments

• C23EE1D8-29FF-4305-897D-234773ED041B.jpeg
    C23EE1D8-29FF-4305-897D-234773ED041B.jpeg
    588.1 KB · Views: 18
  • 9AC527EE-7A51-486F-994F-0457342E4791.jpeg
    9AC527EE-7A51-486F-994F-0457342E4791.jpeg
    567.3 KB · Views: 8
Background information, we show in Texas and will be participating in the Klein poultry extravaganza I wanted to know before the judges said anything, and his name Midnight

Welcome to BYC, btw! There are a few of us here with Calls (I'm not one of them. Yet.) so hopefully someone can help out with that! It being a long holiday weekend in the States, it might take a bit longer than usual, though.

Seeing his whole body woyld be helpful. He doesn't look grey to me. Where did you get him?
That color is Definitely not standard for grey. But idk what color you'd call that.
It may be just something that's cropped up like my pastels that are mixed with chocolate so their color is off for pastel.
And my *blue fawn* call drake that carries chocolate so his head stays brown. I still call him blue fawn based on what he looked like as a duckling and his parentage.
I have no idea what you would call those non standard colors if you were showing them.

Seeing his whole body woyld be helpful. He doesn't look grey to me. Where did you get him?
He was purchased with 5 other grey call ducklings and when he grew up he had weird coloration, but he looks like that all around, hee is very skittish and won’t let me get close so these are the best pictures I can get. I don’t exactly remember where we got him because we have a decent size flock and get them from different places but I know I got them from an online hatchery (we live in Texas)

Back
Top Bottom