Help! My Hen is sick!!!

Has she laid an egg yet?
I’m not sure. Three of my hens laid yesterday. There was only one egg today. That could’ve been her.(I only have 4) I have felt for an egg and still nothing hard and her abdomen. I also got the Nutri Drench in the mail and started that. She looks better today.

Hello again. I might be overreacting but she is possibly not laying still. She looks great, eating, drinking etc. I have given her Nutri drench and Epson salt baths. Any suggestions or should I just come down.

I’m not sure. Three of my hens laid yesterday. There was only one egg today. That could’ve been her.(I only have 4) I have felt for an egg and still nothing hard and her abdomen. I also got the Nutri Drench in the mail and started that. She looks better today.
Does her belly feel soft and squishy?
Like it may be filling with fluid?

Last edited:
It feels soft to me. I am new at this but nothing feels strange to me. I have notice her vent repeatedly contracting. Which I keep thinking egg bound. That’s why I keep trying Nutri drench in the water, Epsom salt baths. I will try again tomorrow. I wondering could she have ate something bad or did something traumatize her to slow her down? Because she looks great and is running around like her normal self.

She is not egg bound.
She would be dead a long time ago if there was an egg stuck.

She could have been scared/stressed and may be taking a short break from laying.
Or she could be laying internally.

Hold off on the baths. I promise she is not egg bound, they may be stressing her more.

She is not egg bound.
She would be dead a long time ago if there was an egg stuck.

She could have been scared/stressed and may be taking a short break from laying.
Or she could be laying internally.

Hold off on the baths. I promise she is not egg bound, they may be stressing her more.

Ok. Thank you! Is the Nutri drench in the water is ok still?

Ok. Thank you! Is the Nutri drench in the water is ok still?
I would cut back to only once or twice a week.
Not every day.
If she it out and about and eating...there isn't much you can do but just keep an eye on here.

The other day when you found her sick...it could have been she was just dehydrated or it could have been she was having trouble laying an egg and she finally did.
Or it could have been she was laying an egg internally.
You will never know the exact reason...until you do.

Try to watch to see if she is indeed laying eggs.

Back
Top Bottom