HELP! NEED ADVICE ON INCUBATING AND HATCHING

mydaughterloveschickens

In the Brooder
11 Years
Dec 6, 2008
Albany, Oregon
mY DAUGHTER AND i JUST FINISHED OUR FIRST INCUBATION. wE HAD 7 EGGS THAT CANDLED PERFECTLY ALL TEH WAY THROUGH. tHREE PIPPED. aFTER 24 HOURS ONE DIED AND i ENDED UP HELPING THE OTHER TWO BECAUSE THEY WEREN'T SOUNDING GOOD. tHEY ARE DOING GREAT! bUT THE OTHERS NEVER EVEN PIPPED. aFTER DAY 35 i CHECKED THEM AND THEY WERE ALL FULLY DEVELOPED, HAD ABSORBED ALL THEIR YOLK BUT WERE DEAD AND THEIR BEAKS WERE JUST STUCK CURLED INTO THE MIDDLE OF THERE SHELLS. tHEY COULDN'T GET TO THE SHELL TO PIP. i HAD THEM IN THE EGG TURNER, COULD THEY HAVE NOT TURNED ENOUGH?

Maybe you need glasses. I didn't have any trouble reading it. If you can't say something helpful or nice why not just say nothing.As for as the eggs go. how many days did it take for the first birds to pip?

Are these chicken eggs or another type of bird? After 23 days I would have checked anything not pipped by putting a hole in the top to see if it was alive. I have had chicks pip late and early based on the 21 day model.

THE FIRST 3 PIPPED ON DAY 21. tHE OTHERS CANDLED PERFECTLY ALSO. GREAT MOVEMENT AND EVERYTHING. WHEN I CHECKED THE ONES THAT DID NOT PIP (ON DAY 35) THEY WERE FORMED PERFECTLY BUT WERE DEAD.
sad.png

BY THEIR POSITION IN THE EGGS IT DIDN'T LOOK LIKE THEY COULD HAVE PECKED AT THE SHELL TO PIP.

Last edited:
If you can, take a few minutes to read up on humidity. There are several good posts in the "sticky notes" at the top of the Incubating and Hatching eggs page. These will help you more than you would believe, and you may notice something that you can deffinately apply to your next hatch to increase your success.
It sounds like you had the typical bad temp or bad humidity experience...it will be up to you to adjust for the next time around. Good luck!
By the way, it looks like your Caps Lock button is on. In general internet etiquite some people equate that with screaming at people. I have six kids so screaming doesn't bother me.

I have two kids and a baby that loves to pound the keyboard. I wasn't trying to scream, the button must have gotten bumped. My humidity was 50 and temp 99.5 consistently all the way through. Hopefully we'll get better results next time. We have eggs ready for another batch. I just hope they are all ok. The two we helped out are doing amazing! My daughter cried over her lost babies but dotes on the two she has. Thanks for the advice.
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom