Help Need ur input

Saltiena

Songster
12 Years
Mar 30, 2007
Peach Bottom
here are some pics of my chciken coop, it was in the yard when we mooved in, but it is 8'x12' so it works, i still have to paint it and put in the nest boxes and roosts but i wanted to know whatyou guys thought of it

100_0490.jpg

100_0494.jpg

100_0496.jpg

Last edited:
all it needs is a good paint job.an itll be ready to go.as well as a new door or i cant see the door.looks like that wood will suck up the paint.

we have a door, but we painted it and we ehad to replace the hinges so we took it off temperaroly, we already bought paint, but its been raining the last few days so i couldnt laeve the house

Make sure you have the proper ventilation in your coop. You may have to add a roof vent or a louver in both ends to keep the air flowing. Ammonia build up in coops can be bad. Depending where you are located you could use more or less ventilation. Let us know what kind of climate you live in if you need more details. By the way if you use a good primer on that wood before you paint it will make all the difference in the world. Good luck,

Chris

I second the vent and also suggest a window -it'll help when cleaning and keeping hens laying longer. Also, I'd run a hose over the top to check for leaks.
wink.png
Aside from that, slap some paint on it and you're good to go!

Back
Top Bottom