Help on design for cold climate

dogs will learn fast.... the kid will too.

electric fence doesn't kill, it just hurts. How bad it kicks depends on the strength of your charger.

;)

but you need one wire close to the ground, and a second wire at grizzly nose height.

You could always turn the electric off when you go outside with the dog and your kid.

:confused:

We grew up on a farm that had hot wire around and we figured it out pretty quick... I wouldn't hesitate to fence around if grizzlies were around, especially for your toddler. Following this post as I am getting set up next door (in central Yukon). I only have the floor of the coop built so far...

We have the run built now but are trying to figure out how to do the coop, leaving space for insulation in between a sheet of plywood (outside) and OSB (inside), and still have the interior space be 4X4. We are thinking of using fiberglass insulation (free from neighbor) in the roof and flooring, and styrofoam insulation in the walls (easier to cut for our lean-to design)

Any idea on a web page that will show step-by-step photos or at least a few good photos of an insulated coop being built? Or pictures of the plans? Can't find anything.

Back
Top Bottom