Help! Open wound

chickiemomie

Chirping
6 Years
Mar 24, 2017
Please help on how I can save my chick! My dog injured her and she has some bleeding under her wing that has stopped now. She was completely unresponsive when I found her so I brought her in and put her under a heat lamp with save a chick water but she hasn’t touched it. What do I do? Clean the wound? Leave it? I’m scared to make it worse. You can kinda see the wound under her right wing.

Attachments

• 5E7C4B02-0638-4B0A-A658-14F91CCF3A6A.jpeg
    5E7C4B02-0638-4B0A-A658-14F91CCF3A6A.jpeg
    956.6 KB · Views: 18
  • AC26EC16-2DF4-4A13-8147-EEFB13F0D833.jpeg
    AC26EC16-2DF4-4A13-8147-EEFB13F0D833.jpeg
    746.1 KB · Views: 15
Always clean the wound!!! Clip the feathers around it (this doesn't hurt her) so that you can see it better. Use a clean paper towel that is damp (not dripping!) with warm water to gently clean away any blood around the wound and the wound itself, then flush the wound out with saline.

Please help on how I can save my chick! My dog injured her and she has some bleeding under her wing that has stopped now. She was completely unresponsive when I found her so I brought her in and put her under a heat lamp with save a chick water but she hasn’t touched it. What do I do? Clean the wound? Leave it? I’m scared to make it worse. You can kinda see the wound under her right wing.

Cleaning up with Betadine or saline first then wrap with triple Antibiotic cream I think your chick is in trauma

Always clean the wound!!! Clip the feathers around it (this doesn't hurt her) so that you can see it better. Use a clean paper towel that is damp (not dripping!) with warm water to gently clean away any blood around the wound and the wound itself, then flush the wound out with saline.
Thank you!
Thank you! Will do right now! Should I try and make her drink the water? I don’t want to stress her out any more than necessary

Thank you!

Thank you! Will do right now! Should I try and make her drink the water? I don’t want to stress her out any more than necessary
Don't fore her to drink right now- she may be in shock. Usually the next step in the process would be to give it a good coat of triple antibiotic ointment or neosporin WITHOUT painkiller in it, but because the injury is under her wing, I am not sure if that is the best course of action.

Back
Top Bottom