Help Please 🥲 External pip on day 18, 8 hours after she knocks some shell off, reveals a VERY yellow membrane- Help? 🥺

That is big for a chick! Next time maybe don’t hatch larger eggs? They are always the ones that need help with hatching.
lol yes that’s what I put in my original post. She’s gone to her flock and is thriving, just a big baby. But definitely the first issue I’ve had where they pipped and it was already drying out. Humidity was fine so all I can think is it was the size ofc but that indicates the hen was much older too. Either way she was ready to get outta there lol

It’s quite hilarious, I bet she will be a hen or roo that all admire! My chick born early is tiny and dainty. Came out sideways but managed overnight. Must be similar ages! Mine were born between 48-58 hours ago.

It’s quite hilarious, I bet she will be a hen or roo that all admire! My chick born early is tiny and dainty. Came out sideways but managed overnight. Must be similar ages! Mine were born between 48-58 hours ago.
Congrats!! It’s always a moment that I can’t quite describe. When a new baby makes it out and greets the world. Regardless of the future, that moment is beautiful and fills me with more elation and content than I can describe

Back
Top Bottom