Help Please sour crop

Mrwinchester

Chirping
6 Years
May 2, 2013
Ottawa Ontario
HELP PLEASE! sour crop
Hello all one of my pullets is having issues with sour crop, I don't believe its impacted but not sure, i think she has sour crop. I've read that you can use mono-stat to treat this condition , has anyone tried Stockmans choice probiotics for treatment or is it Solly a preventative measure. I'm so worried she isn't looking good today i tried to make her throw up nothing happened I'm going to give her some oil in a syringe today and see if we cant get it to pass any suggestions would be appreciated , she is such a nice pullet very lovie and affectionate , I'd hate to loose her. thanks M.W.

http://www.animalproproducts.com/animal-...nc_003.htm
this is a link to the stockmans choice probiotics.

I'm reading so much conflicting information on the proper procedures but i think what i will do is administer mineral oil with a syringe and tube and massage her crop, I'm going to isolate her and give her some heat and fresh water passably with electrolytes in it and give her crumbs softened in water or mineral oil . and keep a eye on her. How does that sound ( yes maybe no ) thanks M.W.

Last edited:
I have not had to go thru this YET........ I do know that there are a ton of very informative threads on here re: sour crop....do a search and you should get some answers. Best wishes! I am battling what I am almost positive is cocci here, currently have 2 girls down out of 14 and everyone is getting treated via water..... :( I know what it's like to have them out of sorts...hope for the best.

Thanks great info. I bought the stockmans choice probiotic today , David Craig at stockmans advised me to mix 2 scoops 10 grams of powder with 1 litter of water for the initial dose , I was able to make her drink some mineral oil and made her a mash with crumbs hot water, mineral oil and some stockmans in it hopefully this will give her the boost she needs M.W.

Back
Top Bottom