Help please

Harris14

Songster
Oct 16, 2020
I have a 1 year old barnyard mix hen. Recently she sounds like she’s choking. Not sneezing no discharge. She eats and drinks and lays her eggs. Normal except she sounds like someone’s squeezing her neck. She has a rattle when she breathes. When the day warms up she hides in a shady spot and opens her wings up and breathes rapidly. No other chicken is doing this. She’s been doing it about a week now.

Can you take a flashlight while someone holds her and look into her beak and throat for any mucus or white-yellow material that should not be there? With her wings held away from her body and panting, she may be having trouble with the heat. Can you feel of her to see if she feels overweight or heavy? I keep flat pig pans of shaded water out for my chickens to cool their legs in during the hot months.

Can you take a flashlight while someone holds her and look into her beak and throat for any mucus or white-yellow material that should not be there? With her wings held away from her body and panting, she may be having trouble with the heat. Can you feel of her to see if she feels overweight or heavy? I keep flat pig pans of shaded water out for my chickens to cool their legs in during the hot months.
Her mouth is clear and yes she’s heavy. But she’s always heavy. She’s a big girl

Back
Top Bottom