Sunnydeni

Chirping
7 Years
Mar 31, 2017
Hello friends. I was hoping someone more knowledgeable than me could help to identify this breed of chicken..? The mystery chickens are these two 6 week old chicks with disorganized, spotchy white & black feathers. They don't seem to have a pattern to speak of, in fact one of them has much more black patching than the other. Single comb, solid yellow beaks & legs (with no feathering). They ARE the same breed, I just lost all of the paperwork that I received when I purchased them with a dozen other chicks of assorted breeds at my local feed store. When I first brought them home (at just a few days old) they were the classic plain solid yellow puffballs that most people think of when they hear the word "chick". I have successfully identified my remaining chick breeds, but this last pair has me stumped. It's kind of hard to tell in the red-tinted photo but they are BOTH black & white, no other coloring.
Any and all suggestions are most appreciated, thank you! :)

Attachments

• 20230418_104818~2.jpg
    20230418_104818~2.jpg
    626 KB · Views: 16
  • 20230418_104612~2.jpg
    20230418_104612~2.jpg
    683.5 KB · Views: 6
Look at the hatchery list of possibilities for the choices they sell as mottled (that is their color). If they sell more than one mottled BYC members might be able to tell the differences.

Probably mottled Anconas or mottled Javas. It’s hard to tell the difference between the two, but Anconas are more prevalent.

Back
Top Bottom