Help! Return of the bloody poops!

cheepsforkeeps

In the Brooder
9 Years
Apr 24, 2010
idunno.gif
I have already treated my flock for coccidia 3 weeks ago. It seems a different chick (7 weeks old) is every so often pooping blood. I have separated her and watching. Trying to figure out if I should proceed with the same treatment of 5 days Corid? I posted on Emergencies but didn't get much response. Anyone out there have this problem reoccur and treat it successfully? I hate at to give them antibiotics again!!!

I would put them all back on Corid again. Last year I had a set of chicks that I had to repeat treatment on. They should be fine after the second round. I think I had my on Corid for a week each time. Good luck with your babies.

I just treated my girls with a 2ND round of Corid for the same reason & now that they've finished their 2nd course of treatment, 2 OTHER girls are starting with blood in their droppings!! I am thinking that they need an antibiotic so I will have to do some research on this site to see which one, dosages & of course buy them some juice...because I know that it's not hoing to taste good & they are NOT gonna to want to drink their meds.

Back
Top Bottom