Help!!!!! Rhode Island Red has no tail feathers!

HappyClucker7

Bantam Queen
7 Years
Apr 28, 2016
New York
Hi! I have two RIRs, two Barred Rocks, and two Australorps. They are all a almost two months old, and diveloping nicely. They have all their feathers exept on a few spots, and their tail feathers are beautiful. My problem is, that one of my RIRs named Penny, doesn't have any tail feathers. All she has are five pooffy little feathers. They are all really nice to each other so I am not concerned that the others are pulling Penny's tail feathers out. Is it just slow growth, or is there something wrong?

I also have one that doesn't have tail feathers like the others

Pic I am hoping that loads shows the one without and the other with is this the same with yours? I was wondering the same thing about my RIR

Penny is finally getting some tail feathers! Not a lot but a few! She still mostly has those puffy feathers. Did yours grow her tail feathers? I'm going to do some more research and try to load a picture. Thanks for all the help guys!

Not like the other Rhode Island reds, she has feathers back there but not a tail. Let me know what you find out, I tried to find the reasons.

Back
Top Bottom