Help sexing this 2 week old barred plymouth!

I have 1 rooster and 2 hens as of right now. Mine roo dont have a hint of aggression towards me or my kids if that is what u are asking. I have Old English Game Bantam Roosters that sometimes stick their lil heads in the cage & try to pick a fight and he dont bother them. My rooster standing tall comes to my knees, he is a big ol rooster! Now if he is running around with another rooster & not seperated he will fight but all roosters are like that. No matter the breed. If they are not raised together they will fight even then Iv had my 4 month old roosters that have been together sense hatch get into it..lol.. But they can aslo get used to eachother after a while and not fight, just depends!

My roosters are about 7 weeks old. I have 2 (one will be food). They are both the first to run up when my 5 and 7 year old step daughters hand feed them, and Chuck (not food) will sit on my lap

This is a rooster...Has that preening stance, larger comb, and white strip from base of skull to upper shoulder...

I just can't say for sure, but I'm leaning towards roo!

Roo characteristics:

A little more defined barring than the other BR chick I have
A larger comb than the other BR chick I have (same age), although it's still yellow as of now
Tail feathers taking longer to come in than the other chick

Pullet characteristics:

Lots of dark wash on the legs
Incoming feathers are quite dark...exactly the same as the other BR chick, although the other chick is more spotted in appearance

It's also smaller, and 'fiestier' and has that rooster looking eye, but not sure if that means anything!

He/she is only 3 weeks old now...really wish I knew what I had on my hands!! :-( I guess I won't have to wait long!

Back
Top Bottom