Egg works like mentioned, but it wouldn't hurt to give them rooster booster, or hydro hen. Both are great for giving struggling chicks and hens an extra boost.
I only have poultrivite but im assuming its similar with electrolytes and vitamins. Fingers crossed this chick makes it id feel awful if one of my first chicks dies.

oki doki, please keep me updated on her 💕💕
okay so i fed her some yolk, it was very difficult she got so mad at me for dipping her beak and wiped it off immediately all over me and tried to flap away screaming. I had to wait for her to get sleepy in my hand, dip her beak, and rub her head to wake her so shed sort of lick it off the end of her beak. Eventually she got so sleepy id just dip her beak in and no reaction. I wiped it off and she barely woke up and let me just hold her beak and move her head. I slowly rubbed her back awake and once she realized where she was she hopped up and wiped her beak off and started walking around on my lap a bit. I put her back with the others and watch her take like 2 bites of food and water and go to bed (other two were hopping up to the edge of brooder and fighting for attention). I replaced their water with poultry vitamin water, and hopefully tomorrow i can get some medicine. I dont know what the feed stores have, but theres a woman about 45 minutes away from me that would be willing to give me some corid for free, and ive read on forums that vitamin water cancels out corid. Ill obviously stop the water if thats what i go with but i might buy a different medicine if the feed stores locally sell anything. Do you ( or anybody) know if that is true for all coccidiostats or just corid?

I would start Corid.

Give it to all of them.

Liquid Corid dose is 2tsp or Powdered Corid is 1 1/2 tsp per gallon of water given for 5-7 days as the only source of drinking water.
Do not add any extra vitamins/supplements that contain B1(Thiamine) to the feed or water during the course of treatment.

In the meantime, work on hydration and see if she will eat a little wet chick starter.

I only have poultrivite but im assuming its similar with electrolytes and vitamins. Fingers crossed this chick makes it id feel awful if one of my first chicks dies.
You can get rooster booster ad feed stores, same with hydrogen. Not sure of yours but if it has a lot of vitamins then it wouldn't hurt.

Back
Top Bottom