Looks pretty runny, and could have a little reddish brown blood. Dip the beak into the Amprollium water for a half second, as often as you can to get it drinking.

Another poop pic. Very watery. Shes drinking the amprolium water, just concerned about keeping her fed. She eats a little when her siblings do but its just 2 or 3 sad pecks

Attachments

• 20230304_135747.jpg
    20230304_135747.jpg
    188.3 KB · Views: 1
Looks pretty runny, and could have a little reddish brown blood. Dip the beak into the Amprollium water for a half second, as often as you can to get it drinking.
Her crop is quite full of water luckily and ill keep an eye on it to make sure it keeps drinking

Just keep us with the Amprolium, hopefully she will begin to eat.

The Poul-Vite looks good, so I wouldn't buy anything else. Once the chicks are done with the Amprolium, then give them the Poul-Vite for a day or so.

Im in BC Canada. I was incorrect about the name its called Poul-vite. I will take photos of the poops tomorrow when i hold her and wait for a poop. I am pretty sure which ones are hers in the brooder but I just cleaned it and dont wanna bug them and see if theyve pooped much under the heat pad

@Wyorp Rock @Briannaquinn16 unfortunately she passed last night. I just found her this morning.
I'm sorry to hear about your loss. We lost 3 chicks in the past 2-3 weeks, and we did exactly what you did and were suggested to do. All 18 of ours did the Corid treatment. I'm almost convinced that failure to thrive in young chicks is common and can come from many sources - genetics being at least one. Of the 5 types of chicks we got (barred rock, black laced golden Wyandotte, golden comet, buff orpington, and cinnamon queen) the last 3 seem to be the healthiest. We've lost one barred rock and two BLGW to splay leg and failure to thrive. I'm very grateful for all the experts on this site, and their wealth of knowledge. I hope the rest of your flock stay healthy.

I'm sorry to hear about your loss. We lost 3 chicks in the past 2-3 weeks, and we did exactly what you did and were suggested to do. All 18 of ours did the Corid treatment. I'm almost convinced that failure to thrive in young chicks is common and can come from many sources - genetics being at least one. Of the 5 types of chicks we got (barred rock, black laced golden Wyandotte, golden comet, buff orpington, and cinnamon queen) the last 3 seem to be the healthiest. We've lost one barred rock and two BLGW to splay leg and failure to thrive. I'm very grateful for all the experts on this site, and their wealth of knowledge. I hope the rest of your flock stay healthy.
Thank you, it makes me feel a bit better knowing im not alone. I know despite everything theres a percentage of chicks that just arent gonna make it for a variety of reasons, i was just hoping not to lose any during my first time.
Ah well, its all a learning process.
This website has saved my butt a multitude of times and im really greatful for this community as well, hopefully together we can move into a healthier 2023

Back
Top Bottom