Help solving mite problem with Ivermectin

Thank you again! How often can the birds be sprayed? Wondering if every other day would be okay, since my bird spends each morning outdoors with wild untreated birds who no doubt transfer new mites to him.
You won't want to spray them daily because you could overdose them.. I don't know for sure how often, but I do know one spraying is enough...

Thank you again so kindly! Would you know, or can anyone please share their knowledge as to how long Ivermectin, whether sprayed on or dropped on the skin, will remain effective against killing mites that bite my bird before it wears off from his system and next treatment should be repeated? It's my understanding that Ivermectin works by turning the bird's blood tocix to biting parasites, but it would help to know how long those effects last once drops are administered? If retreating in 7-10 days to kill newly hatched mites is advised, does that mean Ivermectin's effects wear off in around that time - 7 to 10 days? If so, is it safe to retreat every 10 days indefinitely?

Back
Top Bottom