HELP! Sour crop!

It's a long red fairly skinny tube.
Does your phone send/receive pictures?

So after helping Ginger pass her GI impaction she pooped out loads of green, smelly, liquid and I mean loads!

She rested for a while and drank a good amount of water and after that she pooped again. More water and two gigantic burps later she is eating a little of chick starter feed and a little mash. She has terrible gas though and I know it makes her uncomfortable until she burps it up. Is there anything for her gas? Fruit or something? She is still doing that neck swizzle deal.

Her crop feels firm but not hard.

She is picking at her dry food now but I want to make sure she gets the nutrition she needs so please call me Kathy!

We will be administering her meds and her Kiefer and food supplement until she is back to being fat and happy.

Today has been a huge step so hopefully Ginger is on the mend!

Call me Kathy!
And thank you!

I'll post graphic pics when I figure out how to.

Ginger is eating some today, I came home w a watermelon and she has been working on it for a while now along w her dry food. I great to see her eating again!
Thank you so much! Especially you Kathy!

Hi kathy! And BYC!
i have a question for you:
Ginger seems to have quite a bit of mucus in her mouth. She shakes her head to dislodge it while she is eating and she is clicking, I guess to get it down.
Can I add a tiny bit of apple cider vinegar to her water to cut the mucus? She is still on her antibiotic and nystatin and I'm guessing its the yeast that is causing this mucus.
Last night she tore up a good amount of watermelon and This morning she ate I'd say approximately 4 strawberries. And she is passing everything fine, I could see the little white watermelon seeds!
She is still not very interested in her food but I believe that is bc of this mucus issue. I have read about VETRX and maybe that will help w the mucus?

How are your birds? And horses and everyone else?

Back
Top Bottom