Help! What is the best incubator for chicken eggs??

There are a lot of opinions out there on this!

If you are hatching your own eggs or local not shipped eggs, you can use most incubators(Ones from China maybe not).

For shipped eggs investing in a plastic incubator from Rcom or brinsea makes sense. GQF sells some higher end Styrofoam incubators. The Genesis 1588 is a good one

I hatched 15 out of 22 shipped eggs in the Nurture Right 360 from Tractor Supply. It was my first time and I just followed the directions. It has a known issue with the fan screen but mine came with the modified part installed. It is discussed in a thread here on backyard chickens.

I hatched 15 out of 22 shipped eggs in the Nurture Right 360 from Tractor Supply. It was my first time and I just followed the directions. It has a known issue with the fan screen but mine came with the modified part installed. It is discussed in a thread here on backyard chickens.
Nice hatch!

Depends.... how many eggs do you usually hatch? There are some that can only hold 12 or so eggs then there are those that can hold like a million eggs. I think incubators that heats from the top are better just because it makes cleaning easier and less chances of debris falling into the heating element and possibly destroying the incubator if you went the bottom heat incubator route.

Back
Top Bottom