Help! Which breed? Cream Legbar, Sulmtaler or Swedish Flower Hen?

This is an older thread but your crested chicks look like the Sulmtalers.. Although I thought they only came in wheaten & apricot coloured hens with the typical gold, red, green and black cock,... learning šŸ˜

I have 3 new Sulmtaler bantams in my wee flock ... they are so cute. How do you find yours?

Hi Shell from Zim,

I think two of them maybe sulmtaler crosses they lay creamy coloured eggs... but one is definately Cream Legbar, she lays a blue egg. They are great, but a lot less friendly than my Redstars or my Maran, even though I hatched them and handled them everyday.

1, 2, 6, 7-Swedish Flowers
3-mix, most likely part Marans
4-mix, most likely part Cream Legbar
5-Cream Legbar
The Marans might be pure, just poor quality. The cockerel has a lot of leakage on his chest, but they at least seem to have white skin

I'm new to all this, what do you mean by leakage?

my Maran hen hatched 6 chicks just before Christmas .. none of them came from her eggs, but they are all from the Maran rooster. Will be fun to see what they turn out like.

Attachments

• signal-2021-01-05-195753.jpeg
    signal-2021-01-05-195753.jpeg
    836.3 KB · Views: 7
Hi Shell from Zim,

I think two of them maybe sulmtaler crosses they lay creamy coloured eggs... but one is definately Cream Legbar, she lays a blue egg. They are great, but a lot less friendly than my Redstars or my Maran, even though I hatched them and handled them everyday.

My Sulmtalers girls, Zoe and Zara are also less friendly than all my other birds. The cockerel Ziggy, is friendlier and is becoming rapidly popular with the rest of the flock. It will be interesting to see if the girls make friends in the end.

They are so cute to watch and have a very funny way of walking.. They bob their heads back and forth as they walk.. and when they run it's hilarious.. but maybe that's just my funny chickies hehehe

Please do post some updated pics of them.. They are so cutešŸ˜

Back
Top Bottom