Help with Breed identification

I’m very curious about this cross as I had one similar who I have no clue about. She layed white eggs. And this is her son (the blue one).
The last picture favors this one I hatched same time as the others. I think this one is some kind Easter egger mix.

Attachments

• PXL_20230701_233834024.jpg
    PXL_20230701_233834024.jpg
    852.1 KB · Views: 5
Oh my goodness he actually looks pretty similar to my BYM cockerel, but mine has more gold instead of straw color. He’s also much smaller and has a bit more black showing. Mine is a mix of a black Silverudd’s blue (rooster) and a brown egg laying breed (hen). I’m not sure which one he came from, but the only hens which could’ve laid the egg he came from are RIR (unlikely), SLW, Barred Plymouth Rock, Buff Orpington (highly doubted), Sapphire Gem, or another breed which I can’t identify, but I’m not sure if she lays brown or blue eggs.
Mr. Darcy is a new breed I'm developing and I hope to get recognized at some point soon. I'm actually surprised with the guesses I've heard about what he is as his mother was a French Cuckoo Maran and a Light Sussex roo. Susan had a dominant black gene that turn the Sussex white coloration to black and the neck barring turned into a straw/yellow color that spread along his back. I'm naming the breed after him as it's called the Darcy Giant.

Mr. Darcy is a new breed I'm developing and I hope to get recognized at some point soon. I'm actually surprised with the guesses I've heard about what he is as his mother was a French Cuckoo Maran and a Light Sussex roo. Susan had a dominant black gene that turn the Sussex white coloration to black and the neck barring turned into a straw/yellow color that spread along his back. I'm naming the breed after him as it's called the Darcy Giant.
Very interesting!! How long do you think it will be before your new breed is officially “recognized”? Is it very hard to do that? It seems like it would have to go through and be passed by a lot of higher up organizations and associations before you could get that to work…

Very interesting!! How long do you think it will be before your new breed is officially “recognized”? Is it very hard to do that? It seems like it would have to go through and be passed by a lot of higher up organizations and associations before you could get that to work…
Well I have to breed the breed for five years, getting them to breed true by safely inbreeding, and get five other breeders to breed the breed as well so I I'm very happy to say I've been breeding him true for one year and Im going to be giving another breed in Italy some pullets and some roos so they can breed them too!

Well I have to breed the breed for five years, getting them to breed true by safely inbreeding, and get five other breeders to breed the breed as well so I I'm very happy to say I've been breeding him true for one year and Im going to be giving another breed in Italy some pullets and some roos so they can breed them too!

Have you checked the EAP? Are the requirements for a new breed the same as with the APA? Can we see some of his offspring? Also are you from Italy? If so, hi neighbour :) :frow

Back
Top Bottom