help with call ducks

One bator but they are all a day apart i only have one pair of call duck so i get an egg a day. Should i get another

Nope! You can collect eggs for a few days then put them all in at once. But being one day apart that shouldn't be an issue. You figure the hen lays an egg a day and will gather up to 10-12 before she lays on them :)

Can you post a pic or two of what it looks like when you candle them?

sorry it took so long but this is one of the ones i dont think it is still alive becuse the rest look like this
i have been putting them in as i find them should i be doing something different

One bator but they are all a day apart i only have one pair of call duck so i get an egg a day. Should i get another
You should technically collect all the eggs that you want to hatch and put them all in at the same time, this way you have one due date, it's easier to keep track that way. Also with different due dates, how do you lock them down? Or do you lock them down?

Now calls are a little bit trickier than a chickens. usually they need assistance.. They have those small beaks and short necks which makes it very difficult for them to get out of that shell. it is also very hard to hear them inside. I usually have to put the egg to my ear and tap the shell, and I can barely hear but a little peeping.

The one that died did he zip at all?

Nope! You can collect eggs for a few days then put them all in at once. But being one day apart that shouldn't be an issue. You figure the hen lays an egg a day and will gather up to 10-12 before she lays on them :)

Can you post a pic or two of what it looks like when you candle them?
Ok and what about Lockdown? at some point you have to raise that humdity?

Those two eggs dont' look like they made it, it looks like they have stopped at some point. It looks like you have 1/26 written on the egg is that the day you put the egg in??

if the date 1/26 is the date that you put that egg in that means it should hatch this Saturday and just by looking at it, It didn't make it. it should be dark in there, kind of looks like it maybe sticky as well. I would crack it open, touch the liquids that comes out of it and tell me if you put your fingers together do they stick??

I can't see the date on the second one but it looks like he stopped at a very early age. He looks a little bit better then the first one, I don't see a sticky issue with him.

I did not know about the lock down i just alway keep is closed unless i am putting an egg in. I put the datefor when i put it in the last pic is from 2/6 so that one is ten day old. How long can i keep eggs before putting them in there without it being to late

Back
Top Bottom