help with candling please :)

Haha good to have you back!
Yeah looks like he's just having a breather then tries kicking to maybe get his legs out? He cheeps now and again which is good right?
Yeah will leave him in there
smile.png
There is enough of the membrane off now so he can kick his legs? cheeping is always a good sign. won't be long now, keep talking to him and encouraging him. Once he can look up and see you well it's hello Dad. I had that experience 3 yrs ago this past June it's an awesome experience. except he said Hi Mom my dh though was his dad. lol

I'd take a picture but the lights not that great.. i think his legs are both still in but I can see his toes and his thigh if you like.. He loves it when I talk to him it's so cute :)
Aww I can't wait! It's just not nice seeing him lay there but I've got to remember he's just resting :)
There is enough of the membrane off now so he can kick his legs? cheeping is always a good sign. won't be long now, keep talking to him and encouraging him. Once he can look up and see you well it's hello Dad. I had that experience 3 yrs ago this past June it's an awesome experience. except he said Hi Mom my dh though was his dad. lol

I'd take a picture but the lights not that great.. i think his legs are both still in but I can see his toes and his thigh if you like.. He loves it when I talk to him it's so cute
smile.png

Aww I can't wait! It's just not nice seeing him lay there but I've got to remember he's just resting
smile.png
Maybe not talk so much while he's resting but once he gets to working again start encouraging him. That's okay about the pic I can wait, just hard when you want to see what they look like, can't believe
Lacrystol is missing it all, but she did pull an all nighter this week so hopefully she's getting some much needed rest.

When I found my lil duckling we imprinted on, I wasn't even sure he was still alive, he was laying in the shaving limp his mother had pecked his head on both sides, not sure if she would have killed him but he had open marks where she had hurt him, thankfully I was able to get him in a warm brooder and he thrived. even though he saw her first he still imprinted on us. It was such a sweet experience my dh said the next year maybe we can have another duckling inside. Didn't get one that time, since then any ducklings that have hatched have had great mommies.
smile.png

Looks like he was shrink wrapped and malpositioned with his foot over his head. Next time you go to hatch, raise your humidity at lockdown, it seems like it was too low.

-Kathy

Heyyyyy
smile.png
he's nearly out yeah looks like he's doing just fine. I hope so anyway...looks like he's still attached...
He maybe but it will dry and fall off then he'll be fine, don't touch it at all just let it fall off natural. you can even place him in a small bowl lined with a soft towel until he is free of the egg so he doesn't end up dragging it around. Kathy if your still here please respond about what i just said.

Back
Top Bottom