Help with color

Not sure, don't look like cameo , peach or oaten.

Someone a while back posted photos of a peahen kinda like that but no one ever figured out what color she was.

that is why i am stumped, i do not have any cameos here. I have a purple male with two india blue hens but it is way too light to be a purple in my opinion. I have bronze blackshoulders but it does not look blackshoulder too me and once again light i think. It sure has me stumped.

A very lite colored bssp hen? I've seen some pics of one bssp hen in particular that had hardly any black anywhere on her,,course bssp can throw solid whites,,but you don't have any bssp do you?? Maybe a slighlty lite colored purple b/s hen?

I've been taking pics of these two hens all week,hatched them last year and was supposed to be bssp or cameo w/e,,seems the general concensus now is they are both purple b/s hens which really screws things up for next year.

Last edited:
Do you have any opal or splits to opal? Could also be a purple white eye as they are lighter and frosty.
Sometimes colors that are recessive (split) can be expressed without any visual in the parent birds. You may be dealing with a split.
Supposedly Taupe came from IB/Purple mating.

Last edited:
I do have a purple white eye male although he only has one white eye. He is with two India blue hens. That could be it then. I will have to keep.an eye on him/her.

Back
Top Bottom