Help with gender and breed ???

BrookYE

In the Brooder
May 15, 2015
Hi have what is supposed to be a Rhode Island Red pullet about 16 weeks or so old do you think cockerel or pullet?

I also have a Black Australorp about the same age also sold as a pullet, what do you think??

They both look like pullets. They begin getting a large, red comb around 16 weeks of age, sometimes earlier and sometimes later. It means they are getting ready to lay.

They are very pretty.
smile.png

Thank You, I am new to chickens and appreciate all advice the advice I get! :)

Hi thought maybe guess on this one 13 weeks old still has quite a few pin feathers coming in but guessing won't hurt lol :)

Thought I would throw this little one up and see what's said boy or girl :)

What kind of comb does it have? It looks sort of like a single comb, in which case I would guess pullet.

The one in front is a rooster and the one in back is a pullet

This is a young pullet

Adult rooster

It is a single comb and still has some feathers coming in, hope it is a pullet and thank you for your reply :)

Hi thought maybe guess on this one 13 weeks old still has quite a few pin feathers coming in but guessing won't hurt lol :)

Thought I would throw this little one up and see what's said boy or girl :)

It appears to be a hatchery quality (a poor one for even a hatchery) Silkie, and given the size of the comb and wattles and the spiky feathers coming out on the crest, I'm thinking its a cockerel.

Back
Top Bottom