Can you identify this chick?

Your logic is not quite right. There could be a Blue Barred Plymouth Rock. Such a bird would have both blue and barring.

I do not think it actually exists as a recognized breed, but Blue Barred is just as possible as Blue Cuckoo or Blue Wheaten or Blue Silver Duckwing (all of those are the blue version of a color that would normally involve black.)

For OP's specific chick, if it is blue and has barring, I think it is most likely to be a male of the hybrid that is sometimes called "Blue Plymouth Rock" (not a pure Plymouth Rock, it is really a sex-linked hybrid where the males are blue with white barring and the females are blue with no white barring.)

Or it could be some kind of Easter Egger or Olive Egger. If someone was crossing Cream Legbars with Blue Copper Marans, they could produce a chick like that. I think I've seen listings at some hatchery for Olive Eggers made that way.
My logic is right because I didn't say there couldn't ever be, genetically, a Blue Barred Plymouth Rock. I simply stated that no one has made that yet.

My logic is right because I didn't say there couldn't ever be, genetically, a Blue Barred Plymouth Rock. I simply stated that no one has made that yet.
Huh? How else should I read this bit? (bold added by me)

there cannot be a Blue Barred Plymouth Rock, as that would be two color varieties together. That is like saying that the whole Orpington breed can be called a Buff Orpington, whether they are of other color varieties or not.

It does indeed look like a Barred Rock but the peach fuzz is a bit too blue for my liking, for it be a Barred Rock.
Some pictures please! Maybe of legs, upclose wing images... so we can see what color the feathers are that are coming in, and just a tip for better pictures - unplug the heat lamp! 😉
Whatever she is she is beautiful! 😍
Updated photos

Back
Top Bottom