Help with identification please-Morphed into How many Males for Females a ratio guide.

SilksterTN

Crowing
9 Years
Jun 10, 2014
Tennessee Ya'll
Greetings. I received 2 geese with a package of birds I got about 8 weeks ago. I was fairly sure they were African geese until I looked harder at the brown Chinese goose. One of them is MUCH bigger than the other (the one with the wrapped wings) so now I am unsure. They are both very alert and NOISY! lol The larger one seems more bonded with me and doesn't fuss when I pick him up and hold him. I tried (and probably failed LOL) at vent sexing them, and thought the larger was male and smaller female. But now I am unsure. Any help appreciated! Since I also received 2 ducklings and 2 turkeys in this package (which turned out to be the same breeds.......was thinking these 2 might be same breed also)

Last edited:
Thanks for having a look for me servpolice. I was sort of afraid they were both males based on their behavior. The larger one is much sweeter and more friendly than the smaller one, but then I do mess with him more due to wrapping the angel wing. I am getting 4 Toulouse goslings from metzer next week. 3 females and 1 male. I am guessing I need to rehome one of these males asap before all the girlies hit town.

Last edited:
Keep us updated!
And the male goslings are young and will get along great for first few years since they are raised together so you can take your time getting rid of one :)

I don't want the African boys cross breeding with the Toulouse......how would I prevent that? Just separate out the Toulouse for breeding season? Oi.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom