Help with Rouen Ducks

Thank you! I'll be sure to get some vitamins. I'm still very nervous about everything I'm doing... I spend a lot of my time researching! Haha.

So cute! Congrats! Do you have more hatching? Or just the pair?

By the way, newspaper isn't the best thing for little ones. They need something they can get good firm footing on. Paper can be a little slick for them. Puppy pads, towels, rags, pine shavings, etc.

I have pine shavings down too but I also have puppy pads so I'll do that instead. I'm not planning on hatching anymore. Thanks!

The ducks are doing well! They had their first brief swim in the bathtub last night. I have been trying to research a bunch of questions but I feel like my situation is a little different than most... so hopefully you all can help.

I live on a lake and I plan on releasing the ducks on the lake after about 8 weeks. The lake is pretty small but it is bigger than a pond. There are many other types of waterfowl that live on the lake, some are wild and some have been raised by my neighbors. They all seem to interact well with one another.

My questions at this time are:
1. Do you all believe it's okay to release them to the lake? If so, at what age?
2. When are they old enough for unsupervised swim time?

Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom