Help with Silkie chicks

Prudence and Pearl

In the Brooder
8 Years
Apr 9, 2011
Pittsburgh
Hey everyone Im new to chickens and I have a white silkie and i recently bought two new silkie chicks along with leghorns, golden comets and two ducklings. I was just wondering if there was any way to tell what color they will be when they feather out?? Ill post the best picture of them....any help is welcome, Thanks!
jumpy.gif

85950_digi_cam_026.jpg

My white silkie chicks look exactly like your chick that is front and forward, if that helps.

awww i wanted different colors, that makes me mad because the people at TSC said if they are dark they are males, because i asked them about the color. Well they will be cute anyways, three white silkies!

I had 3 that were very white....at 2 weeks, one is obviously white and the other two are starting to get "splash"es of dark feathers. I say too soon to tell.

Yeah, silies aren't "six linked" - meaning that males are one color and females another when hatched like commets. And, if he was referencing commets - that is the opposite. The pullets are the dark orangie color and the males are yellow.

I'm sure they'll be just fine even if white -
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom