Help with silkie sexing

srpaint

Songster
8 Years
Apr 12, 2011
Illinois
I am taking guessed but they are total guess. So any help with sex and color would be great. These are my first silikes.

This one I *think* is a roo. What is up with the white on his neck? This one is about 10/11 weeks old

DSC03595.jpg

DSC03594.jpg

DSC03584.jpg

Any guess on this one? Is it a smooth coat silkie? Or not a silkie? It was sold to me as a silkie. I think this one is closer to 8 maybe 9 weeks old

DSC03591.jpg

DSC03590.jpg

No clue on this one either

DSC03593.jpg

DSC03592.jpg

These are my 2 older ones. About a month older. I think one maybe a pullet and one a roo?
DSC03581.jpg

Last edited:
I think the first 3 are sizzles,2 frizzled and one smooth.
Am completely guessing on sexes, but I think the first is a roo and the others are pullets. The last pic looks like a pullet on the left and a roo on the right.
smile.png

# 1 looks like it may be getting streamers, but I am not familiar with sizzles, so just a guess.
#2 also looks like it is getting streamers, I'm going with roo.
#3, pullet.
#4, hen on left, cockerel on right.

I think they are sizzles

1st bird: Cockerel, Blue w/leakage in hackles
2nd bird: Cockerel, Blue (maybe a smooth sizzle)
3rd bird: PUllet, Blue
4th and 5th bird: Blue pullet on the left, Blue cockerel on the right

I should have added they are all came from the same person. This is what was said about them.

May be pure silkie or silkie-sizzle cross. Hens are 100% silkies (white, black, partridge) or "sizzles" (silkie x frizzled cochin- black and grey) bred to buff and partridge silkie roosters.

Wondering how well they compare to something of quality. I really don't care that much as they are just spoiled pets. But am wanting to learn what quality and non quality look like.

Back
Top Bottom