help with some batams and one normal chicken.

kyoko900

In the Brooder
9 Years
Apr 3, 2010
Maggie Valley NC
I have some chickens that we don't know what sex they are and breed.
First I think is a male porcelain d'Uccle.
P5260617.jpg

second one i think is a male too.....i hope not. sorry it's blurry he moves super fast so it's hard to get a pic. he's hyper.
P5260603.jpg

third, not sure the sex but i think a RIR.
P4300557.jpg

here's another one with the third one and three others I'm unsure about too.
P5260615.jpg

The first one is definately a porcelan d'uccle. second one doesnt look like a rooster, but i think it may be a silver laced wyandotte. The dark browns are rirs, the lighter brown is a gold comet, and the white one with the big crest im going to say white leghorn roo. they are infamous for huge crests and loud crows!
wink.png
have fun with your chickens! and dont worry about too many roos; i have 4 all in separate cages
smile.png

#1 is Booted Bantam boy -not D'Uccle because dos not have beard #2 isSilver Spangled Hamburg boy #3 Rhode Island On last picture with Rhode Island you have White Leghorn boy,Red (Golden) Sex Link girl and a Meatie

yeah, number two has clean legs. but he's from the assorted bantam bin at TSC can wyandotte be bantams.
and as for the porclain one i read d'uccles can be bearded and non-bearded.
is the rhode island red a boy like i think?
And is the first one male? or are all ones like him flighty?

thanks all.

Quote:
Actually, D'Uccles have to have a beard to fit their standard. ''D'Uccle'', refers to the belgian bearded D'Uccle. I've never heard of a belgian bearded D'Uccle that wasn't bearded
wink.png
. A booted bantam is the same thing, but without a beard.

Last edited:
oh! OK, then. now i just need the sexes. ^^ oh and if my big hen is a meat or boiler bird. If we don't kill her will she live a good life? We didn't want meat birds, my mom doesn't believe in killing pets and she sees the chickens as pets. I'm abit worried because i heard they don't live long enough to even make it to laying age.

1# Male Porcelain D'uccle
2# silver laced sebright, or cochin maybe?? I don't think that bird is Spangled
sad.png

3# RIR boy
4# (on the roost from left to right) Red sexlink Female, White leghorn male, RIR Female. (on the ground) Broiler (meat bird)

Last edited:
slate gray i think, yeah i sure their slate gray and clean. i'll check tomorrow but i remember seeing on toe or the bottom of the feet were pink....but it may be on of the others. i'll check in the morning. But i know there slate gray.

Back
Top Bottom