HELP!!!

Here's some out info. http://www.beautyofbirds.com/gout.html
But after looking at all the photos again, it looks like necrotic tissue, or dead tissue. Probably a bad infection inside like sepsis. Sorry but it looks very grim. You may want to take it to a vet or euthanize it yourself. Good luck.

Last edited:
he has survived 8 months crippled since he got attacked by our dominate rooster. he's our little miracle. his leg isn't broken its deformed. the only thing I'm worried about is his one foot. the one in the picture. I need to know what that is. he's getting stronger. and getting his appetite back so that's good. but I don't know what's wrong with his foot.

I agree with Hholly, from what I can see in the pic's, to me anyway, it looks like there is a pocket of infection there and possibly some necrotic tissue. If that is the case, it would need to be cleaned out and the dead tissue, if any, removed and meds started. Probably would need to keep the foot bandaged while it heals. If it were my bird I'd want my vet to do it since it looks like there is a lot of infection and could be a lot of the foot involved. If that is his only good leg and you are wanting to save him then I think that is your best bet.

can you tell me how to help him myself..? I can't take him to the vet and I can't lose him. if there is anyone on here that can tell me something I can do to make him better without a vet please tell me

I am sorry but I have no idea how you can fix him. The only way to treat him is to find out what is actually wrong with him and unfortunately that means taking him to a vet. I know that's expensive but they will be able to diagnose the foot. Perhaps you can tell them that you don't have much money but your bird is suffering and they might give you a break. They will probably need to have almost like a biopsy so they can see under the microscope what the infection is sorry I don't have any other advice. If you have Vet you see regularly they would probably let you make payments and I also know that you could apply for care credit and that can be used to pay for your animals expenses it's basically a credit card

Last edited:
there isn't a vet near me I went to one out of state and they said they recomed him be put down because he's crippled

Oh that's not good. Did they look at all options or did they just tell you to put him down? Did they know what is wrong with him? You should have told them he is crippled but what options do I have available to me for treatment. Just because he is crippled does not mean he can't have a good quality of life. I would call them back and ask if they remember you and see if they will give you a treatment option, something. My vet will tell me his opinion and I will make the choice from there. I know he loves animals and would only say that if there were no other options. I do not know how the vet you took your baby too is but some of them are not all that caring. Have you tried looking on the internet for a different vet maybe somewhat near you I don't know where you live so that might be an option. Unfortunately there is no way to get the medications that you need without a prescription. That's the part that stinks.

Back
Top Bottom