HELP

If she is not eating anything but chicken feed, she doesn’t need grit at this time. I would remove it right now. Is the chick warm enough? I don’t think it is ascites, but something going on in the abdomen such as infection. I really hope it starts to improve again.

@Eggcessive could it be:
Salmonella Gallinarum, Fowl Typhoid
Symptoms:

• Dejection.
  • Ruffled feathers.
  • Inappetance.
  • Thirst.
  • Yellow diarrhoea.
  • Reluctance to move.
Treatment:
Amoxycillin, potentiated sulponamide, tetracylines, fluoroquinolones.

Ok update on the chick. She's not doing good. She is now just laying around letting the other chicks walk on her and pick at her. Not sure what to do. She barely moves. Except to get food and water. I've separated her for now. But she just screams wanting back with the others.
It's good that you separated her - it looks like she is being picked on by the others.
I would keep her warm, hydrated and see if she will eat for you.

It's good that you separated her - it looks like she is being picked on by the others.
I would keep her warm, hydrated and see if she will eat for you.
That's what I've done got her own heat source food and waterer. She's got to where she just lays there unless I move her. Once I do she still barely eats or drinks. The nutri drench doesn't seem to be helping. She just sleeps.

No I bought her at the feed store. She sadly didn't make it. She passed about 9:30 last night. Keeping an eye on the others to make sure it wasn't something contagious. Thank you all for the help.

Back
Top Bottom