Help!!

Erin Dutra

In the Brooder
Aug 21, 2017
Napa
I got results back from pathology today regarding my chicken. She fied from fatty liver disease. Ive got two girls left. One is pooping yellow. Shes fine now but i think she id sick. How do i emergency reverve fatty luver. PLEASE HELP ME

I got results back from pathology today regarding my chicken. She fied from fatty liver disease. Ive got two girls left. One is pooping yellow. Shes fine now but i think she id sick. How do i emergency reverve fatty luver. PLEASE HELP ME
I don't know a lot in this area, but High protein can cause problems with that. do you know the % protein in your feed, also approximately how old your hens are. Maybe someone else has some ideas too.

Hey Erin, So sorry for your loss. I just did a bit of research. Here is a possible factor.

Mycotoxins
Symptoms include: Nervousness, mouth lesions, fatty livers, biliary hyperplasia in liver tissue, reduced feed intake, thin shell

A mycotoxin (from the Greek μύκης mykes, "fungus" and τοξικόν toxikon, "poison") is a toxic secondary metabolite produced by organisms of the fungus kingdom and is capable of causing disease and death in both humans and other animals.

Here is a link that details different types of Mycotoxins and explains in more detail what they are. I would check your feed and see if there is any old food build up in the coop. I don't know if this is the source of your problem but it is worth checking out.
Best Wishes -Kathryn :hugs

http://www.fao.org/wairdocs/x5008e/x5008e01.htm

Back
Top Bottom