Reddy1345

Hatching
Jun 6, 2021
My chick was attacked by something a couple of weeks ago. I had her on support with a couple of sticks and bandages. When I removed the bandages, this was the condition. She cannot stand straight and the right foot keeps tilting towards the left. She cannot balance herself and thus she’s not even able to limp properly. Can someone help me out with this?

Attachments

• 5AD6AD10-04DE-4CF6-A50E-C2AC8A3D2F4E.jpeg
    5AD6AD10-04DE-4CF6-A50E-C2AC8A3D2F4E.jpeg
    406 KB · Views: 15
  • 49658CBD-F2FB-4226-9128-DFA7131947D0.jpeg
    49658CBD-F2FB-4226-9128-DFA7131947D0.jpeg
    468.8 KB · Views: 14
That looks bad, like broken or dislocated bad.

I'm sorry I don't have any suggestions except what you've already done. When you say support, do you mean a sling?

My chick was attacked by something a couple of weeks ago. I had her on support with a couple of sticks and bandages. When I removed the bandages, this was the condition. She cannot stand straight and the right foot keeps tilting towards the left. She cannot balance herself and thus she’s not even able to limp properly. Can someone help me out with this?
Her leg did not heal properly, it was probably broken and not set correctly before you splinted it. I would set her on some straw in a quiet place and just let her rest. Chances are she could just be a little stiff from getting the splints off and will figure out how to limp around soon. If she doesn't, then you will have to figure out a different type of splint, or something to help her get around.

Back
Top Bottom