help!!

TheDuckGuy

Songster
Nov 29, 2020
it’s a long story so i’m gonna get to the point

mom hatched 2 babies and left one middle of hatching

she hatched almost 3 hours ago and hasn’t stood or opened her eyes fully will she be ok?? what can i do to help her? mom abandoned all of them but this one is so much weaker than the rest she chirps here and there but i think she’s getting weaker thank in advance

Are you providing supplemental heat to the duckling? I would warm it up and wait until it recovers - hatching is hard work - before returning it to the mother.

Are you providing supplemental heat to the duckling? I would warm it up and wait until it recovers - hatching is hard work - before returning it to the mother
Yes we have a heat lamp and had to make an diy incubator for special chick the others are in there own brooder and the special chick is still in the DIY incubator with a heating pad underneath. It is drying off more and is chirping more still no eyes open or major movement here is a picture

Attachments

• Snapchat-1298023698.jpg
    Snapchat-1298023698.jpg
    212.2 KB · Views: 1
Oops, it is a chick not a duckling. Late hatchers generally tend to be weak and take a while to recover. Good luck.

Oops, it is a chick not a duckling. Late hatchers generally tend to be weak and take a while to recover. Good luck.
It's okay lol

I hope it will be! Mind you this was all unexpected (hen snuck away and hatched them) and (they're not mine they're my cousins) I was at her house and I happened to see them walking almost alone mother was far away then she was just to fast for them to keep up (there are dog, goats, and horses around) so we couldn't leave them

Sorry to say but unfortunately it passed away:hit

She lived 5 hours after hatching

But the weird thing is she was gaining strength over those hours but I guess it wasnt enough 😕

Back
Top Bottom