FeatherSwift93

Songster
Apr 22, 2022
Mississippi
My 2 year old hens have all of the sudden stopped laying eggs, they have never done this before. I live in Mississippi and the temperatures have been around 100° lately...could that be a factor in them laying eggs? I do keep them watered and they have plenty of shade.

My 2 year old hens have all of the sudden stopped laying eggs, they have never done this before. I live in Mississippi and the temperatures have been around 100° lately...could that be a factor in them laying eggs? I do keep them watered and they have plenty of shade.
Heat will def affect them. All you can do is keep them as cool and hydrated as possible. You might try electrolytes if you think dehydration is occurring.

Are they free range?

Ever seen any evidence of egg eating? Egg goo in nest boxes? Broken egg shell pieces?
A real possibility from boredom of confinement in a small space.
They are in a fairly large pen for 5 chickens, with plenty of things in there for them to explore. I haven't seen any goo or egg shells in there nesting box.

Back
Top Bottom