Help

She is still alive. Thank you for asking. It just looks like 1/2 my chicken is gone. I've been treating her and syringe feeding her water with bits of bread and electrolytes. I've been keeping her beding clean as well. She has still been popping and peeing. I've done atleast 3 or 4 changes today. I don't want her in a dirty environment

They're more resilient then we give them credit for. Good job on keeping her clean. The wound will look grayish green after a couple of days, don't worry, this is normal healing. Just make sure that it doesn't smell bad or looks inflamed or oozy. I would take a deep sniff of my cockerels and hens wounds to make sure there was no smell.

We're you able to order the aqua mox?

Also after I clean her wounds and sprey antibiotics sprey that help regenerates skin I have been wrapping her with a medical bandage I leave antibiotic gauzes . Is the bandage ok

I wasn't able to successfully bandage mine, let's ask some other peeps here.

@MysteryChicken @azygous thoughts on bandaging injured hen?

Since it was a dog bite I would start her on aqua mox.
I don't bandage chickens unless it's bumblefoot. This case looks like it may have benefited with a good cleaning, & liquid stitches, or possibly butterfly stitches.

Last edited:
Bandageing a chicken anywhere except the feet is futile. They hate it. They will not rest until they get it off. Save your time.

A heavy coat of petroleum jelly based antibiotic ointment will do as well as a bandage and keep the wound moist so it heals faster.

Back
Top Bottom