Helping more or leave it alone , goose egg hatching

ivy_huan

Songster
May 31, 2022
Hey guys
I need some advices here
This is the goose egg I'm hatching. This one has been chirping inside the egg for 2 days. So this morning I decided to open a safety hole on the fat end of the egg.
Which by the look of it, the gosling is in wrong position and I have no idea where the head is .. the air cell is on the side of the egg...
So when I tried to peel a little inner membrane I saw blood.
You can still see tiny blood vein on the inner membrane.

My plan is to leave it alone till tomorrow morning and peel off more on the air cell side to see if I can find where his head is lol
The inner membrane is kinda stuck on the bird which I thought it is normal or is it ?
I did moist it with some coconut oil and he has been chirping away for a few hours but I see no progress

When do I assist.
I have read the guide about assisting. But what do I do in this case ?
I have assist birds hatching before but never in the case where I don't know where the head is ...

Thank you
PXL_20240502_044548635.jpg

I have only hatched three geese in my lifetime so i may not be much help. the air cell is on the side because it sat that way for a long period of time before incubation. I have read geese take longer to emerge sometimes days. the few i hatched i heard one cheaping inside the egg in the incubator for over 24 hours. But then heard the 2 others cheaping back and the next morning 3 little ones. I would not assist anymore. wait til morning and go from there. Make sure your humidity is where it should be....best of luck

Hey guys
I need some advices here
This is the goose egg I'm hatching. This one has been chirping inside the egg for 2 days. So this morning I decided to open a safety hole on the fat end of the egg.
Which by the look of it, the gosling is in wrong position and I have no idea where the head is .. the air cell is on the side of the egg...
So when I tried to peel a little inner membrane I saw blood.
You can still see tiny blood vein on the inner membrane.

My plan is to leave it alone till tomorrow morning and peel off more on the air cell side to see if I can find where his head is lol
The inner membrane is kinda stuck on the bird which I thought it is normal or is it ?
I did moist it with some coconut oil and he has been chirping away for a few hours but I see no progress

When do I assist.
I have read the guide about assisting. But what do I do in this case ?
I have assist birds hatching before but never in the case where I don't know where the head is ...

Thank you
View attachment 3818371
On geese the pip holes would be closer to the middle of the egg. Their necks are longer than ducks and chicken chicks so the pip hole is farther down.
Once you have started assisting, you will need to further assist.

Back
Top Bottom