Hen abandoned late eggs!

Jun 2, 2023
My hen was sitting on a nest of 4 eggs. Day before yesterday 1 baby hatched and then this morning there was a second baby. However I noticed she had pushed the last two eggs to the side and they were cool to the touch. They’re about 2 days over due, but I brought them inside and put them in my incubator. Temps are 99.5 and humidity is 68-70%. I candled them and one I think stopped developing awhile ago, but the other is moving and chirping. Does anyone know the likely hood that the hood chick will hatch after being pushed out of the nest and moved to an incubator?

Thank you for the reply’s. I am worried that it may be deformed from how long it’s taking to hatch. I know the eggs were all laid within two days of each other. Does anyone know how long they can go over the 21 day marker?

My hen was sitting on a nest of 4 eggs. Day before yesterday 1 baby hatched and then this morning there was a second baby. However I noticed she had pushed the last two eggs to the side and they were cool to the touch. They’re about 2 days over due, but I brought them inside and put them in my incubator. Temps are 99.5 and humidity is 68-70%. I candled them and one I think stopped developing awhile ago, but the other is moving and chirping. Does anyone know the likely hood that the hood chick will hatch after being pushed out of the nest and moved to an incubator?
If you hear chirping then it means the chick has already internally pipped. Do you see an external pip on the shell?

IMG_1254.jpeg

The egg externally pipped at about 3:00pm. I had heard the chirping just before I placed them in the incubator around 12:00. It hasn’t progressed at all in the last three hours though. It’s my first time hatching and I’m not sure if that’s too long. I’m also wondering if it can breath very well, the pip seems really small.

Back
Top Bottom