Hen is Crowing and Mounting Other Hens Help!

See if he lays an egg or not :p
šŸ‘‡
I ask because Iā€™m not sure what more this bird has to show you.
Heā€™s let you hear his crowing, and you can probably see and feel his big red comb, growing tail and saddle feathersā€¦
Heā€™s made it pretty clear IMO.
People say ā€œwait for an egg or a crowā€ and heā€™s given you one. Heā€™ll never give you the other because heā€™s male and always has been.
If it was my bird, I wouldnā€™t hold my breath.

Wait and see what?
Wait for it to become more obvious to the owner. Time usually does make these things more clear, as the saddle feathers grow longer, and the comb grows bigger, and the crowing skill improves, and the male behavior becomes more evident.

If the bird is not causing problems, there's really no harm in OP waiting longer :idunno

Wait for it to become more obvious to the owner. Time usually does make these things more clear, as the saddle feathers grow longer, and the comb grows bigger, and the crowing skill improves, and the male behavior becomes more evident.

If the bird is not causing problems, there's really no harm in OP waiting longer :idunno
True. šŸ‘

I ask because Iā€™m not sure what more this bird has to show you.
Heā€™s let you hear his crowing, and you can probably see and feel his big red comb, growing tail and saddle feathersā€¦
Heā€™s made it pretty clear IMO.
People say ā€œwait for an egg or a crowā€ and heā€™s given you one. Heā€™ll never give you the other because heā€™s male and always has been.
Oh Iā€™m a lot more confident he is male now after the confirmations on here (thank you!)! Iā€™m still clinging on to some hope he will turn out to be a she but Iā€™m pretty sure youā€™re right and it was one of those 10% wrong vent sexing times! :)

Nicely said :) Iā€™m pretty sure ā€œheā€ is a male now and it was a vent sexing mistake when ā€œheā€ was a chick but if ā€œheā€ is over 8 months and lays an egg well then I guess we know itā€™s an anomaly haha.

Back
Top Bottom