Hen is Crowing and Mounting Other Hens Help!

Yes I’ve been raising chickens for around 15 years (I’m 24) and this is one of the strangest things I’ve EVER seen. 😂 I feel like I’m crazy sometimes when I look at her and her body type looks exactly like my other hens, but once in a while I could swear I heard her crow. The weird thing is she only started making this noise a few weeks ago! Never had any “cockerel signs” any earlier.
So i guess, if you don't have any other cockerels, check the eggs of the hens "she" has mated with. The proof is in the fertilization...

Is it just me then who thinks it looks like a hen? I’ve never seen a roo with that round body type and round “saddle” feathers before. Also, she does the “squat” when I go to pick her up like she’s waiting for a male to mount her. Maybe she is just very confused hahaha
It doesn’t look female at all to me.

So i guess, if you don't have any other cockerels, check the eggs of the hens "she" has mated with. The proof is in the fertilization...
She is still young so she isn’t capable of laying or fertilizing yet (that would be the easy way to tell! 😂). I do have other roos and I’ve raised many roos before and none of their crowing sounds like this weird gargled sound.

Back
Top Bottom