Hen is sick and i need help

There isn't a vet anywhere near us that will take poulty

Understood.

It really sounds like she has an infection and possible something they may not be fixable even with a real antibiotic.
An Antibiotic won't hurt.

Are you able to end her suffering when it comes time to do so?

If she's eating and pooping there isn't much you can do with out an antibiotic.
I have amoxicillian, will that work?

It's for our dog, but I can make that work.

My husband will have to do that, she is my girl and I can't bring myself to hurt her.

Any ideas on what the cause might be, she showed all the signs for egg bound but if that's the case she should be dead now without passing it.

I have amoxicillian, will that work?

It's for our dog, but I can make that work.

My husband will have to do that, she is my girl and I can't bring myself to hurt her.

Any ideas on what the cause might be, she showed all the signs for egg bound but if that's the case she should be dead now without passing it.
What do you feed her?

Over feeding treats is probably one of the main things that cause these type of illnesses.

What do you feed her?

Over feeding treats is probably one of the main things that cause these type of illnesses.
She has regular laying feed and water and they get scraps as they are available, just whatever is left from dinner that they can eat

It sounds like ascites or egg yolk peritonitis, which can have several causes and are difficult to treat. How old is she and what breed?

Hello, we have a hen who showed signed if illness starting last Saturday. At first I thought it was egg bound so we did water bath multiple times and increased calcium. No eggs. I felt and to me it felt like she had an egg lodged, but still no egg. Also, she is still pooping,eating and drinking. So I thought maybe a parasite. We started an antibiotic and kept this going until today. Lastly, as none of this has helped, we wormed her. We have kept her isolated, gave lots of love and care, she is waddling like a penguin, abdominal swelling, no eggs being laid. Thus has been a full week.
What did you use to deworm her?
The Corid is not a dewormer.

Back
Top Bottom