Hen(ny) Penny Contest July 4th 2010-August 4th 2010

Quote:
Very nice Salmon Cochin! What colors are her parents?

Salmon ...

I bought a pair of salmon and bred them ,

This Is Pokey the 3rd, she is a 1 year old Slikie Cochin buff Orpington.
big_smile.png

61450_img_8036.jpg

This is her mother Pokeylet a red frizzle Cochin buff Orpington.
lol.png

61450_img_8583.jpg

/Users/admin/Pictures/iPhoto Library/2010/05/09/mms_picture-1.jpg bared rock hen /Users/admin/Pictures/iPhoto Library/2010/08/03/IMG_0007.JPG RIR hen/Users/admin/Pictures/iPhoto Library/2010/08/03/IMG_1212.JPG leghorn

I all of the hens were gorgeous I wish they all could be winners. This was a lot of fun and thanks everyone for entering. Here goes in order.

The winner and the winner of the BYP Magazine 1 year Supscription is

Coopa Cabana Mille Fleur Cochin hen Tango

Honorable Michens

1. wanttobefarmer spleckled sussex Agnes

2. Graceful Bantams MF d'uccle hen #2

3. cat_name_noodles SLW-Gadivia

4. also the rarest of the rare and the most unusal goes to

joza2210 salmon Cochin Bantam

On behalf of Tango, Thanx so very much!!
celebrate.gif
It was a lot of fun, and I really enjoyed seeing everyone's beautiful hens! Especially all our beautiful Bantam Cochin sisters!
frow.gif

This is really sweet to find that you released the winner of the Henny Penny contest. I have had chickens for 8 months now and I've not had any losses. Agnes was my favorite so I'm so glad that she got an honorable mention. When I went out to the coop today Agnes had been attacked by a Hawk. She was hurt very badly and was in shock. I had to put her down and it broke my heart. I buried her this morning in the back yard. I never expected it would be so difficult. I've thought about her all day. It really means alot to see that she stood out to someone else. As weird as it sounds or is, it's comforting and I just wanted to let you know. We're painting a picture in memory of her. surprised chicken lover.

Quote:
So sorry to hear about your sweet Agnes. She was very beautiful, and I know will always have a special place in your heart. So glad you got the opportunity to share her with us.

Back
Top Bottom