Hen only half broody - eggs still viable?

christinethemac

Chirping
Mar 29, 2017
My cochin frizzle bantam went broody or so I thought. She has hatched before with ease. I went and bought her some fertile eggs to hatch. She sat on them one evening and overnight and then abandoned them most of the day. Then she again in the evening decided to go broody again and sat on them all night - same the next morning and abandoned most of the day. Then on 3rd evening she sat on them overnight and has been on them all day. Are these eggs no longer viable since she kept sitting and then leaving half the day?

My cochin frizzle bantam went broody or so I thought. She has hatched before with ease. I went and bought her some fertile eggs to hatch. She sat on them one evening and overnight and then abandoned them most of the day. Then she again in the evening decided to go broody again and sat on them all night - same the next morning and abandoned most of the day. Then on 3rd evening she sat on them overnight and has been on them all day. Are these eggs no longer viable since she kept sitting and then leaving half the day?

No, give them another week before you candle them
Count the third day as day zero, because thats when she properly started to sit !

The eggs should still be viable.

Back
Top Bottom